Happy New Year from Bob Anderson!
New Years Eve – 2012 is but hours away now and it struck me that one way to approach the new year is using my own personal success strategy – Practicing Gratitude. There is nothing new about this practice except the practice part!
Gratitude we seem to fumble around on an inconsistent basis… that’s my story, anyway. Consider this coaching perspective from own coaching – when you practice gratitude blessing and abundance will flow over into all areas of your life and relationships. Here are some ideas…
• Keep a gratitude journal in which you list things for which you are thankful. You can make daily, weekly or monthly lists. Greater frequency may be better for creating a new habit, but just keeping that journal where you can see it will remind you to think in a grateful way.
• Make a gratitude collage by drawing or pasting pictures.
• Practice gratitude around the dinner table or make it part of your nighttime routine.
• Make a game of finding the hidden blessing in a challenging situation.
• When you feel like complaining, make a gratitude list instead. You may be amazed by how much better you feel.
• Notice how gratitude is impacting your life. Write about it, sing about it, express thanks for gratitude.
• create a “vision board” of what you want life to be like in 2012 (pictures, poems, etc) and begin to give thanks that they are already beginning to emerge through your creative thoughts.
Some of this content is used under license, © 2011 Claire Communications